The Sequencing & Functional Anatomy Module
9-Day Asana Sequencing & Functional Anatomy Program
Yandara’s nourishing Sequencing and Functional Anatomy Module is an elective part of our 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training. Our curriculum is designed to ignite awareness around how to mindfully sequence and theme your yoga classes. This module will help you better understand your own practice and empower you to use your new knowledge as a teacher and leader in your yoga community. This program is well suited to dedicated yogis and teachers who are looking to add depth to their practice. If you are already 200 hr certified, this program can be used towards Yandara’s 300 hr advanced program. Students will experience a yoga lifestyle at Yandara’s serene home campus on the beach in Baja, Mexico.
Total All-Inclusive Cost starting at: $1,600
This price includes tuition, meals and accommodation. Airport transportation is not included in price. Canadian residence may be eligible for a “exchange rate” scholarship. Contact us for details.
Upcoming Sequencing & Functional Anatomy Courses
*Please note, the travel days are the first and last day of the posted training dates. Please schedule your arrival/departure accordingly.
The lead trainer for this course is Kelly Wampler together with other teachers that are part of Yandara’s inspiring teaching community. Read more about the teachers on our Teacher Faculty page. Occasionally the teachers change for a specific course, please contact us if you have any questions about the teachers.
This program will offer skills that deepen your effectiveness as an asana teacher! The curriculum includes:
- Sequencing toward a specific goal or peak pose
- How to clearly and effectively cue your students
- Find your own authentic teaching voice
- Cultivate skills to more effectively aid your students to connect with their practice and body
- Learn inspiring Sequencing Templates
- A deep dive into Functional Anatomy to better understand the actions of the physical body during asana practice
Prerequisite: We welcome all dedicated yoga students/teachers who are interested in enhancing their yoga and meditation skills. If you have previously completed a 200-hour Yoga Alliance approved teacher training, you will be able to use this training towards Yandara’s 300hr advanced program.
Contact hours: 90 hours
Non-contact hours: 10 hours (fulfilled by home study projects)
Preparatory Study: Purchase and read
The program is limited to 22 students ensuring personal care and attention.
- 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM: Yoga and Meditation.
- 9:00 AM: Healthy, yummy breakfast
- 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM: Yoga Workshop
- 12:30 PM: Brunch: Delicious vegetarian meals are served buffet style. (fish and dairy may be served on occasion)
- 2:00 PM to 6:15 PM: Student Practice Teaching, Communication Skills Workshop. Tea-break at 4:15pm.
- 6:15 PM: Dinner: Healthy and delicious vegetarian meals served buffet style. (fish and dairy may be served on occasion)
- 7:30 PM to 9:15 PM: Satsang: meditation, music, kirtan, yoga philosophy and discussion.
- Some days will include an extended break for you to relax and explore the local area
At our Baja, Mexico location we offer a few different choices for accommodation.
The majority of yogis that attend our Teacher Training choose to stay in our deluxe tents. These are big tents that most people are able to stand up in. Each tent has a normal twin size bed and mattress, a small set of drawers and a lamp. Bed linens are provided, but we do not provide a bath towel. Comfortable and yet still close to nature. We like to call it comfort camping. For couples we can offer a larger tent with a larger bed. We have 7 bathrooms and 8 showers on our campus.
Luxury Canvas Cabins
These are beautiful cotton canvas safari tents with a plush full-size bed and mattress and down comforter. These tents will make your stay truly memorable. Linen bedding and towels are included. For couples we can offer a larger tent with a queen-size bed. These are available in a limited number. Check the booking registration page to see if they are available for your course.
Our concrete glamping cabanas are pure luxury! With comfy full size bed, down comforter, towels and plenty of space to store your clothes, these cabins are your perfect home away from home – nestled into the desert, yet sheltered from the elements.
Glamping Cabanas with Private Baths
For further comfort, our new cabanas have private bathrooms! With cushy full/queen size bed, down comforter, towels and plenty of space to store your clothes, these cabanas are simply divine – nestled into the desert, yet sheltered from the elements.