300 hour Yoga Teacher Training – Advanced Certification
Begin your journey of personal transformation and evolution! Join us for your 300-hour yoga teacher training advanced certification. This program offers an in-depth experience of the many facets of Yoga and the Art of Teaching from the Heart! Our experienced and inspiring teaching crew will help you elevate your teaching skills to new levels of effectiveness. Choose to complete your 300 hours through our 28-day comprehensive program focused on deepening your sequencing and teaching methodology along with yogic philosophy and life style. Or through three 9-day 100 Hr modules, each focusing on their respective area of study. However you choose to complete our advanced program, it adds an additional 300 hours to your 200 hour certificate and upon completion you will be eligible for the Yoga Alliance 500 hour registration.
CHOOSE WHAT MAKES YOUR HEART SING:
- Tap your inner source of wisdom and evolve your sadhana through our 28-day 300-hr Yoga Alchemy Immersion. This is a complete immersion in the Yandara Yoga life style, it offers all the hours you need for your 300 hour certification. We will go deep into each of Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga as we build on the knowledge from your 200-hr certification. Spend a month living the yoga life in community with us. Deepen your understanding of what it means to make yoga an integral life-style choice. Explore how to expand your asana practice with advanced sequencing, pranayama, meditation, and mantra. Add to your skill levels with Ayurveda, introduction to yoga instruments such as shruti box or harmonium, and learn to play sound instruments like gongs, Tibetan bowls, shaman drums and rattles, and handpans to enhance your yoga classes. Learn about the deities and their stories and attend satsang. Chant and dance and share your spirit with your yoga brothers and sisters.
- Elevate your spirit through our 9 Day 100 Hr Kundalini Shakti Module. This program is designed to ignite a refined awareness and draws on the traditions of Kundalini Yoga – the yoga of energy awakening. Kundalini Yoga is a holistic practice that includes postures, as well as the more subtle techniques of pranayama, mantra, mudra, and meditation to charge and balance the body, mind and chakras. The beauty of Kundalini Yoga is its time-effective way to reach physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- Rest in the embrace of stillness in our 9 Day 100 Hr Yin & Restorative Yoga Module. Yin and Restorative Yoga are gentle, regenerative practices where all the poses are done on the floor, supported by props, to encourage deep relaxation and optimal energy flow through the body. During this nourishing teacher training module, we will explore the practices and principles of Yin & Restorative Yoga. We will prioritize the body-mind-spirit connection and the cultivation of a calmer state of being through these daily regenerative yoga practices.
- Find deep rest through our 9 Day 100 Hr Yoga Nidra Resonance Module. Come join us for a deeply relaxing and transformational experience with Yoga Nidra. We will learn to craft the experience of tranquility through the art of guiding awareness into the restful place of Yoga nidra, a regenerative state of being known as “yoga sleep.” The benefits are many and in this time together we will enjoy receiving and giving Yoga Nidra. We will also explore using Tibetan Bowls, Crystal Bowls and Gongs to enhance our Yoga Nidra as sound vibration proves to be a beneficial addition to this practice.
- Open your heart through our 9 Day 100 Hr Bhakti Yoga Module. Come together for this 9 Day 100 Hr module, exploring the devotional practices of Yoga. Born from a deep desire to feel and express ones relationship to the divine, Bhakti Yoga offers a way to connect the spiritual heart with everyday life experience. You will learn to share traditional as well as contemporary mantras and kirtans. You will receive personal instruction on how to play Indian Bhakti Yoga instruments, such as harmonium, sitar, tamboura, shruti box, drums, and kartals. Learn to Be Love with Bhakti Yoga!
- Harmonise your soul through our 9 Day 100 Hr Sound Bath Temple Module. Sound is the basis of life. Believe in the difference you can make in this world. Play the Gong, the Tibetan and Crystal bowls, and many other instruments, and learn to offer an inspiring Soundbath experience. Learn about sacred geometry and understand the magic of frequency and how it restores harmony in our shared field of energy.
- Find inner vibrancy and a deep stillness through our 9 Day 100 Hr Meditation & Breathing Module. Breathe and enjoy your life. Turn inward and follow the path to silence. Experience the techniques of meditation and breath, learn their particular uses, and understand how to put together a practice that suits you and/or your style of teaching. Take the time.
- Become masterful at sequencing a yoga class through our NEW 9 Day 100 Hr Sequencing & Functional Anatomy Module. Ignite your awareness around how to mindfully sequence and theme your classes as an asana teacher. Find your authentic voice and cultivate skills to more effectively aid your students to connect with their practice and body. Learn sequencing templates and take a deep dive into functional anatomy to better understand the actions of the physical body during asana practice.
- Evolve to become a Certified Life Coach. We’ve crafted our 9 Day 100 Hr Life Coaching Essentials Module to help you cultivate effective coaching skills, while fostering a supportive environment for your client. For the modern day coach and client, our coaching style inspires people to improve their lives on all levels – mind, body and spirit. Our goal is to help you become highly skilled in guiding others to personal transformation. Upon completion of the program, students will leave with a wide range of knowledge and skills, such as: one-on-one coaching, motivational interviewing, establishing a coaching business, and more.
- Deepen your coaching skills through our NEW 9 Day 100 Hr Spiritual Life Coach Module. Life Coaching is a booming industry, and many coaches are searching for new modalities to evolve their practice in service to greater transformation for their clients. Transformational paradigm shifts are possible when coaches learn and experientially practice (within themselves) more advanced skills to use with their clients. Life Coaching is no longer considered taboo or for wealthy people. It has become as common as personal training is today. This module serves to continue the mission of transformational work within humanity.
No matter which way you choose to complete Yandara’s advanced program, we will unravel the 3 parts that make up a Living Yoga practice:
- Conscious Practices (body)
- Contemplation (mind)
- Cultivation of Love (heart)
Through the combination of these elements, we create the alchemical, heart-centered transformation that Yandara is known for.
Yandara’s 300-hour yoga teacher training is Yoga Alliance approved. We welcome all serious yogis and teachers who are interested in further study, even if you don’t intend to complete a 300-hour certification. For those who have completed a 200-hour certification program, this program offers a 500-hour registry through Yoga Alliance.
The instructors for the advanced program are Shane-Christopher Perkins, Mercy Ananda, Amber Young, Sarasvati Young, Allison Eaton and the rest of our inspiring Yandara crew. Additional guest instructors for the elective modules can be found on the individual pages. Bios for Yandara’s core teaching staff can be found on on the “Teaching Faculty” page.
Upcoming Baja, Mexico 28 Day, 300 Hour Teacher Training Courses
*Please note, the travel days are the first and last day of the posted training dates. Please schedule your arrival/departure accordingly.
TO COMPLETE THE 300 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING, CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- Yoga Alchemy – 28 Day Immersion Program (no other modules required)
- Kundalini Shakti – 9 Days
- Yin & Restorative Yoga – 9 Days
- Bhakti Yoga Be Love – 9 Days
- Sound Bath Temple – 9 Days
- Yoga Nidra Resonance – 9 Days
- Meditation & Breathing – 9 Days
- Sequencing & Functional Anatomy – 9 Days
- Life Coaching Essentials Certification – 9 Days
- Spiritual Life Coaching – 9 Days
*If you are interested in Reiki Level I, II, III or Master, visit the Reiki Training page for details.
- 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM: Asana, pranayama & meditation.
- 9:00 AM: Herbal tea, papaya, banana, granola, oatmeal and boiled eggs.
- 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Yoga Philosophy and Advanced Yoga Teacher Training- Practice and Instruction.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch: Delicious vegetarian meals are served buffet style. (fresh fish and dairy may be served on occasion)
- 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM: Advanced Teaching Methodology Workshops, Practice Teaching and Communication Practice (tea and fruit break around 4 PM.)
- 6:30 PM: Dinner: Healthy and delicious vegetarian meals served buffet style. (fresh fish and dairy may be served on occasion)
- 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM: Satsang: Mantra, Kirtan Yoga Mythology/Philosophy and Discussion.
*1-2 days a week will include an extended break to explore the local area. The schedule is subject to change.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Requirements
Prerequisite: If you intend to complete your 300-hour certification, a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from Yandara yoga Institute, or other Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is required.
Preparatory Study: See the individual pages for each of the modules that you will be attending to find out about any required reading or other homework.
Contact hours: 270 hours
Non-contact hours: 30 hours (fulfilled by home study projects)
The program is limited to 24 students ensuring personal care and attention. Graduates that have previously completed a 200-hour Yoga Alliance approved teacher training program will be eligible for the Yoga Alliance 500-hour Yoga Teacher Registry.
What students say about our 300 hour program
“Yandara’s 300-hr training will crack your heart open and make you want to share it with the world. The teachers draw on impressive individual backgrounds of training and experience, yet remain humble and approachable, embracing the gifts each teacher has to offer. Most importantly, they are the perfect examples of truly living yoga, and for that reason I value all of the time we spent together both in class and in community!” – Mary Tilson, 300hr graduate, 2017
“I felt the love and dedication put into the space as I walked through the entrance to Yandara. After a few days of breathing, moving, and singing together, I could feel that there was so much more than the classical teachings being shared. Yandara is a space for education, creativity and support of the unique path of each student. Yandara is a place for creativity, inspiration and passion to freely flow. The staff and environment support the evolution of each student to grow and blossom into the best version of themselves. Yandara is a place for transformation and to learn through study, play and inquiry how vibrant a life of dedication to the yogic path can truly be. Thank you all for shining your light on me so I could in turn shine brighter myself. Namaste.” – Sarah Kadel, 300hr graduate, 2017
“It is impossible not to beam when thinking about the Yandara 300-hr training. It was by far the most beautiful and transformative experience I have had in my life. Every crevice of the training overflows with love and compassion. With a strong focus on each individual student, Yandara offers a unique experience. From beautiful, creative and inspiring morning yoga practices to detailed focus on alignment and teaching private yoga classes, this training went beyond my expectations. For me, the most transformative part of the training was the loving and nurturing environment created by the teachers. Never have I felt more encouraged and supported. I can’t think of anything about the experience that I would alter. This training goes beyond the beyond and into the light.” – Kylie Price, 300hr graduate, 2015
At our Baja, Mexico yoga teacher training location we offer a few different choices for accommodation.
The majority of yogis that attend our Teacher Training choose to stay in our deluxe tents. These are big tents that most people are able to stand up in. Each tent has a normal twin size bed and mattress, a small set of drawers and a lamp. Bed linens are provided, but we do not provide a bath towel. Comfortable and yet still close to nature. We like to call it luxury camping. For couples we can offer a larger tent with a larger bed. We have 6 bathrooms and 8 showers on our campus.
The Yandara cabana has a full size bed and a private bathroom.