17 Day Yoga Teacher Training and Mediterranean Retreat in Sicily
Our Italy YTT is located at an intimate retreat center in the middle of Sicily. In a 17th century farmhouse, surrounded by a secluded oak forest, a natural creek, and a 300-year-old labyrinth garden, we spend 17 days together practicing yoga, breathwork, meditation, while learning the art of teaching. Located in the Madonie area, in the very center of Sicily, the Masseria is a certified organic farm that produces extra virgin olive oil, vegetables and fruit. Everyday, we will enjoy delicious, healthy, farm-to-table vegetarian meals.
You will get all the tools you need to create an inspiring yoga class and establish your own meditation practice. Even if you don’t plan to teach yoga professionally, completing a teacher training will deepen your physical, mental, and spiritual practice. This program is open to all ages and all levels of ability.
Yandara is one of Yoga Alliance’s most successful yoga teacher training schools with over 5000 graduates since 2004; we are one of the highest rated schools at Yoga Alliance. Yandara offers over twenty trainings throughout the year in several different locations and areas of focused study.
Total All-Inclusive Cost: $3,700
This price includes tuition, manuals, meals, and accommodation (in a shared twin room room).
A $450 deposit is required to reserve your spot, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. If you can’t travel due to Covid restrictions, you will receive a full refund.
Space is limited to 24 students. Spots may well fill in advance. After submitting the deposit, you will receive an email with full details. If you have any questions at any time, please email us at email@example.com and one of our lead trainers will be available to help you.
Upcoming Italy 17 Day Courses
*Please note, the travel days are the first and last day of the posted training dates. Please schedule your arrival/departure accordingly.
Daily Schedule (subject to changes)
- 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM: Yoga and Meditation Class.
- 9:00-9:30 AM: Tea, local fruit, and homemade Italian biscuits!
- 9:30 AM: Teacher Training Workshop: Practice and Instruction of Asana and Pranayama techniques.
- 11:00-1:00 PM: Delicious Italian vegetarian brunch feast: Eggs, crepes, cheese, muesli, homemade yogurt, fruit, biscuits, homemade preserves, honey, pasta, vegetables, and salads. Vegan and gluten-free options available.
- 1:00 PM: Student teaching time, Individual and group instruction.
- 3:00-3:30 PM: Tea, local fruit, and homemade Italian biscuits.
- 3:30 PM: Yoga Philosophy, life style, and ethics.
- 5:00 PM: Satya (truth) Circle / Teacher Training: Practice and Instruction of Asana and Pranayama Techniques
- 6:30-8:00 PM: Dinner: Delicious Italian vegetarian meals: Homemade pies, basmati rice flans, seasonal soups, Mediterranean inspired pizzas, local cheeses, fresh fruit, homemade cakes, juices and a large choice of herbal tees for the night. Vegan and gluten-free options available.
- 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM: Satsang: meditation, music and kirtan, yoga philosophy and discussion.
See detailed information about our Yandara Teacher Training Curriculum on the About Us page.
Graduates of Yandara Yoga Teacher Training will be eligible for Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification. For more information about this, click here.
Programs are open to all ages, skill levels and experience.
The Italy YTT is hosted at the beautiful Sicilian Spirit retreat center. Nested in the heart of the Madonie Mountain Park, a few miles from Gangi – “Most beautiful village in Italy” – and about 40km from the enchanting fishing village of Cefalù, Sicilian Spirit hosts yoga and meditation retreats in a respectfully restored 17th century “Masseria”. Surrounded by 25 hectares of serene park, at 650 meters above the sea level, you will be able to walk for hours in the centuries-old oak forest, get lost in the labyrinth garden, explore the banks of our secluded river, meditate or practice yoga at sunrise or sunset in the terrace overlooking the mountains and the valley, or just sunbathe and swim in the infinity pool.
At Sicilian Spirit, you will be sharing a room with a fellow YTT student. The beautifully decorated twin rooms are located in five cottages (around 50 sq.m each) in the garden, all with their own equipped private patio and their own kitchenette. There is one fully equipped bathroom for every two rooms. All rooms have heating and air conditioning facilities, and are elegantly furnished with antique Sicilian style furniture. There are also three rooms (around 25sq.m each) with private bathroom in the main building.
Ever since the conclusion of my yoga teacher training at Yandara a little over two months ago, I’ve been searching for ways to describe the profoundly moving beauty and genuineness of the course and of the people conducting it. I left enriched with such an abundance of life transforming experiences and powerful practical skills that truly even the most gifted of poets would be lost for words to express. However, despite not knowing what to say, my endless gratitude towards the teachers together with an innermost desire for more people to find out about this exceptional school is making it impossible for me to not constantly talk about it.
Sweden, November 2016