Preparation info for Hawaii
Please print a copy of this document for your reference as it contains important information about preparing for your training and travel. You can download a PDF here.
TUITION, DEPOSITS and FEES
Tuition: The price of the course includes tuition, meals and accommodation.
Airfare, airport transportation and course manuals are not included. All prices are in USD.
Course Materials: The Yandara Asana manuals and/or Yandara Life resource manuals required for your course are provided upon arrival. In the next 24 hours, you will also receive a separate email detailing pre-course study materials.
Deposit: A deposit of $450.00 USD is required with your registration. If for some reason we cannot accept your registration, we will refund your deposit 100%.
Cancellation Policy: In case of cancellation all deposits can be used for a future program. If 30 days before training start date, a cash refund minus the $80 administration fee is offered. Within 30 days of training start date, a cash refund minus the $80 administration fee, is possible only if we can fill your space from our waiting list, otherwise no refund is possible.
What to do next:
First: Thank you for submitting your registration and deposit. In the Registration Email, you received a link to your account which you can use to review and update your information. Be sure you have filled out the Emergency Contact Info, Dietary and Medical Requirements sections of the registration.
Second: Please download, print and read this page and “FAQ’s,” and “Enhance Your Experience” links as they contain important preparation information.
Third: When you have your flight information, please use the link from the Registration Email to update your Flight Information. This must be done at least 3 weeks before your arrival so we can schedule your Arrival Transportation.
Fourth: Complete your Pre-Course Study.
Fifth: The remaining tuition balance, plus $50 for Training Materials and $80 for round-trip Airport Transportation is due 30 days before arrival. You will receive a payment reminder email which will allow you to check your remaining balance and submit payment if necessary. If you wish to complete your payment with another method, contact us.
Let’s connect! Start the preparations for your teacher training by following us on Google+, Facebook and Instagram. We post inspiring yoga pictures and quotes from Yandara and elsewhere. You may also invite family and friends to follow us in case they are interested in seeing photos of you and Yandara during your teacher training. Last but not least, we’d love it if you’d share your passion for yoga with us and your Yandara community by tagging “yandarayoga” in any photos or videos from your life and/or time here.
TRAVEL INFORMATION & DOCUMENTS
If you are arriving from anywhere outside the USA, you must have a valid passport and possible a visa.
Travel Medical Insurance:
We strongly recommend that all participants have some type of travel medical insurance.
Some travel websites offer it when you purchase your ticket or you can purchase it independently. It is very inexpensive with plans starting at $26 and can be purchased online very easily. Any provider is fine or you can use the one recommended below.
Arrival to Airport:
The airport is located in the city of Lihue, the airport code is (LIH).
Please schedule your arrival and check in on the first day of the training. The program begins at 7:30 pm on arrival day. Please schedule your departure for the final day of the program. (This is different from how we have listed the dates in the past so please be aware if you are a returning student.)
WHAT TO BRING
– Yoga Anatomy textbook and homework
– A sticky, non-slip yoga mat
– Yoga strap
– Water bottle
– Travel mug for hot drinks (optional)
– Toiletries (feminine hygiene products) and towels (hand towel too)
– Writing materials: lined paper, pens, etc.
– Flashlight or headlamp (necessary)
– Battery operated alarm clock, phone or watch (You will need to carry a watch at all times)
– Extra batteries
– Layers of comfortable clothing (including WARM & COOL clothes regardless of season)
– Comfortable clothes for daily yoga practice and meditation
– Rain protection
– Shorts, tank tops, swimsuit
– A fun out on the town outfit
– Personal comfort items i.e. supplements
– Comfortable shoes for walking and sandals
– Sun hat
– Light weight long sleeve shirt for protection from sun
– During the last week of training each student will be presenting a half hour class. At that class you might want to have some music to play and a reading as part of the class set up. If you have some inspiring readings and music that you feel would be appropriate, please bring them. We have a CD player or you can hook up your phone or mp3 player. It will be helpful to download your favorite Spotify playlists since internet is not always available.
If you are bringing your own tent:
– Sleeping bag
– Sleeping mat (Thermo-rest is a good brand)
Night Under the Stars: During the 200 hour program there is an option to sleep out under the stars one evening. You may also find it convenient, for this purpose, and at other times during your stay here, to bring a small backpack with you.
Substance Policy: Yandara is a smoke-free environment. Smoking must be done off premises. Alcohol and recreational drugs are not allowed during any portion of the training, including your days off.