Preparation info for Sicily, Italy
Please print a copy of this document for your reference as it contains important information about preparing for your training and travel. You can download a PDF here.
TUITION, DEPOSITS and FEES
Tuition: The price of the course includes tuition, meals and accommodation.
Airfare and airport transportation are not included. All prices are in USD.
Course Materials: The Yandara Asana manuals and/or Yandara Life resource manuals required for your course are provided upon arrival. In the next 24 hours, you will also receive a separate email detailing pre-course study materials.
Deposit: A deposit of $450.00 USD is required with your registration. If for some reason we cannot accept your registration, we will refund your deposit 100%.
Cancellation Policy: In case of cancellation all deposits can be used for a future program. If 30 days before training start date, a refund can be issued. Within 30 days of training start date, a refund is possible only if we can fill your space, otherwise no refund is possible.
What to do next:
Thank you for submitting your registration and deposit. In the Registration Email, you received a link to your account which you can use to review and update your information. Be sure you have filled out the Emergency Contact Info, Dietary and Medical Requirements sections of the registration.
Second: Please read this page and “FAQ’s,” and “Enhance Your Experience” links as they contain important preparation information.
Third: When you have your flight information, please use the link from the Registration Email to update your Flight Information. This must be done at least 3 weeks before your arrival so we can schedule your Arrival Transportation.
Fourth: Complete your Pre-Course Study.
Fifth: The remaining tuition balance is due 30 days arrival day at Yandara. You will receive a payment reminder email which will allow you to check your remaining balance and submit payment if necessary. If you wish to complete your payment with another method, contact us.
Let’s connect! Start the preparations for your teacher training by subscribing to our newsletter, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We post inspiring yoga pictures and quotes from Yandara and elsewhere. You may also invite family and friends to follow us in case they are interested in seeing photos of you and Yandara during your teacher training. Last but not least, we’d love it if you’d share your passion for yoga with us and your Yandara community by tagging #yandarayoga in any photos or videos from your life and/or time here.
TRAVEL INFORMATION & DOCUMENTS
You most likely need one.
Travel Medical Insurance:
We strongly recommend that all participants have some type of travel medical insurance.
Some travel websites offer it when you purchase your ticket or you can purchase it independently. It is very inexpensive with plans starting at $26 and can be purchased online very easily. Any provider is fine or you can use the one recommended below.
IMG Global Travel Insurance
Please schedule your arrival for the first day of the training, and your departure for the final day. We will do our best to arrange shared airport shuttles to reduced the cost for everyone. Try to schedule your flights to arrive and depart between 11AM and 5PM.
The nearest airport to Sicilian Spirit is:
Palermo (PMO) or Catania (CTA)
Please notify us if you would like airport pickup!
Arrival by car:
If you prefer, you can rent a private car at the airport. In order to get to Sicilian Spirit coming from Catania, take the freeway to Palermo (A 19), then take Irosa exit, head to the village of Blufi (follow the directions). Cross the village Trinità-Pianello and from there, head to San Giovanni-Verdi and the signals to San Giovanni Sgardari. From Catania 100 km. From Palermo 120 km.
To find us on google maps, click here.
To contact the retreat center directly, use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO BRING
– Yoga Anatomy textbook and homework
– A yoga mat
– Yoga strap
– Water bottle
– Travel mug for hot drinks (optional)
– Healthy snacks (if you like a snack between meals or before morning yoga class), eg. granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, etc. Avoid refined sugars.
– Toiletries (feminine hygiene products)
– Writing materials: lined paper, pens, etc.
– Battery operated alarm clock, phone or watch (You will need to carry a watch at all times)
– Extra batteries if needed
– Layers of comfortable clothing (including WARM & COOL clothes regardless of season)
– Comfortable clothes for daily yoga practice and meditation
– Fleece jacket, down vest, sweaters
– Long underwear, warm socks
– A winter hat
– Shorts, tank tops, swimsuit
– A fun out on the town outfit
– Personal comfort items i.e. supplements
– Comfortable shoes for hiking and sandals
– Sun hat
– Light weight long sleeve shirt for protection from sun
– Cash to tip staff and pay for any extras, such as massages or trips to town
– During the training each student will be presenting their own yoga classes of varying length. You might want to have some music to play and a reading as part of the class set up. It will be helpful to download your favorite Spotify playlists since internet is not always available.
Substance Policy: Smoking must be done off premises. Coffee is not included in our YTT diet, and we ask that you refrain from it apart from on days off. Green/black tea is available to help ease any caffeine withdrawal headache. The headaches usually only last a couple of days, and the feeling of freedom when you are not dependant on a daily substance, even if it’s only for 17 days, makes it worth it! Alcohol and recreational drugs are not allowed during any portion of the training, including your days off.