200 Hour Yoga Alliance – Mexico Yoga Teacher Training
Our mexico Yoga Teacher Training follows and incorporates minimum Yoga Alliance Standards at the yandara mexico yoga teacher training school:
Techniques: (100 Hours) Includes asanas, simple breathing exercises, chanting, and sitting and walking meditation. These hours include both training in the techniques and their practice.
Teaching Methodology: (20 Hours) Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and deepening communication skills.
Anatomy and Physiology: (20 Hours) Includes both physical anatomy and bodily systems, organs, etc., and subtle/pranic anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.).
Philosophy, Ethics, & Lifestyle: (30 Hours) Study of Yoga Scriptures (ethics for yoga teachers), ‘living the life of the yogi’, truthfulness and self introspection reading.
Practicum: (15 Hours) Includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others. Hours may be a combination of supervised and unsupervised.
Electives: (30 Hours) Electives drawn from the other categories including: Natural Diet and Health.
Contact Hours: (180 Hours Minimum) Contact hours means that the teacher trainer is physically in the presence of the student. Non-contact or independent study hours may include assigned reading.
Yandara Yoga Teacher Training complies with the 200-Hour Level of the Yoga Alliance Standards for Registered Yoga Teachers, as follows:
- Contact Hours: (180 Hours minimum) Instruction with the teacher trainer physically present.
- Non-contact or independent study hours: ( 20 hours minimum) Learning when the teacher trainer is not present. This may include: assigned reading or other homework, unsupervised study groups, and observing other students’ instruction.
A Yandara Yoga Institute 200 Hour Teaching Certificate will be given upon successful completion of the program.
Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Registration Information:
(Yandara Yoga Institute is a Yoga Alliance Registered School.)
Upon successful conclusion of your Yandara training, you will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance. To assist you in this process, at the conclusion of the Yandara training, we will supply you with the following:
- An application to become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
- A 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate
Certification is based on skills in the following categories:
- Understanding of techniques and knowledge of basic instruction
- Clarity of instructions
- Demonstration skills
- Observation of class and appropriate corrections
- Control of class
- Manner of interaction with students
- Ability to create and maintain physical, emotional, and psychological safety for students.
A $100 fee ($45 application fee + $55 annual registration fee) is required for this registration, payable directly to the Yoga Alliance.